.

Thursday, October 17, 2019

(SAVE OUR STUDENTS) SCHOLARSHIP PERSONAL STATEMENT

(SAVE OUR STUDENTS) SCHOLARSHIP - Personal Statement Example As we all know, health insurance will cover only a partial amount of medical needs, and since my mother fell ill we have seen the medical bills pile up faster than expected. Our out of pocket costs were larger than my father could have ever imagined, and he was forced to dip into my college fund to cover the amount of money needed to help lower my mothers medical expenditures. This situation was not something that could have totally depleted my college fund though. Another event happened that has finally pushed my familys finances over the edge. In what can only be called a double whammy of bad luck, my father has been injured at work. This work-related injury has sidelined him from the workforce and has depleted our family savings in the process. Needless to say, my parents’ medical needs take priority over my college education. So it comes as no surprise that my college fund went from helping keep me in the college to helping keep food on the table and bill collectors at bay. At this crucial stage of my health science educational career, it is imperative that I stay in school. I am only a number of units shy of graduating from my chosen major, which I hope to parlay for a nursing education in 2013. However, I can afford to pay for my school fees this coming school year only if I manage to obtain some financial aid. Due to the situation of my parents, I am not in a position to look for a full-time job that will allow me to attend college on my days off. These days, I help augment the family income by working on a part-time basis as a cashier and delivery person. Part-time jobs will not help me pay for my college bills and the needs of my family. That is why I have chosen to become pro-active and to apply for financial aid and scholarships whenever possible. My grades in schools are pretty decent. I have been able to keep up my grade point average despite the situation that I find myself in at home. I managed to

No comments:

Post a Comment